If the idea of narration is new to you, I encourage you to check out the links below. They will give you even deeper insight than what I have provided in this series.
- Charlotte Mason’s Original Series ~ The Art of Narrating
- Karen Andreola, author of The Charlotte Mason Companion et al.
- Narration Ideas from SimplyCharlotteMason.com
- Narration Tips from Susan Wise Bauer co-author of The Well-Trained Mind et al.
Living Books Resource Lists
I encourage you to choose the very best books for your children — books that draw you in, paint a vivid picture of the history, the story, and/or capture the author’s excitement for the topic he presents. In other words, I recommend choosing living books when possible. They are the 3rd essential tool (narration, notebooking, & living books) in our ProSchooling tool belt.
- Amy Lynn Andrews Living Books List
- SimplyCharlotteMason.com CM Bookfinder
- Read Aloud Revival by Sarah Mackenzie
I was over the moon to find Shelley Sangrey's "There's No Place Like Home" YouTube channel. Shelley does an amazing job sharing her family's experiences with notebooking and everything homeschooling.
- There's No Place Like Home Notebooking Playlist.